Finally, someone has the courage to speak out on the scourge of allergies. Wouldn’t you know, it’s Purple Jesus, who has a shellfish allergy that sent him into anaphylactic shock in 2012. I want to say I’d have a hard time living without eating seafood but going into shock once would probably be enough to never tempt me again. Unless I saw some really nice crabs.
– Due to an aggravation of a spinal injury, David Wilson has been advised by doctors to retire from football. That’s rough, but Wilson has taken the news with a positive attitude, saying he got to achieve his dream for a while, at least.
– Sorry, Bills. Sammy Watkins didn’t do much in his first preseason game, so he’s already a bust, according to ESPN.
– Michael Sam’s former Missouri roommate, Steelers tight end Eric Waters, said fame has gone to Sam’s head and he’s a changed man since he publicly came out. Of course, the only thing he specifically cites is some thing that Marshall Faulk said on TV so it doesn’t sound like they’re spending a ton of time talking these days.
– Trent Richardson, who has yet to eclipse 1,000 rushing yards in a season in the NFL, said reaching the thousand-yard mark isn’t enough of a goal for him this year. True enough, it’s the three yards per carry mark that is the true mountaintop.
– Pharrell and Soundgarden will perform in Seattle before the season kickoff game in September. Ariana Grande will perform the National Anthem and probably be drowned out by the loud loudness of 12th Man.
– Hall of Fame Game ratings were down 13 percent from last year. And here I thought Eli Manning turnovers were among one of the NFL’s top draws.
– Nate Burleson wearing cheetah-print cleats. In case it wasn’t clear, the orange shows it’s a reference to Chester Cheetah.
– 49ers fullback Bruce Miller proposed to Leanne Massey, his girlfriend of two years, over the weekend and bros would like you to know she’s a total dime piece, bruh.
– Dan Snyder bought a bunch of “Keep the Name” shirts from a street vendor in Richmond. I’m sure he still plans on suing them for selling unauthorized merchandise. Gotta act fast before the appeal ruling from the trademark office comes down.
– Instead of red practice jerseys, the Lions will wear green jerseys made from recycled plastic bottles during an open practice at Ford Field on Wednesday night. Combined with their commitment to reuse head coaches, Detroit leads the league in renewable resources.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.