The folks at BestTickets.com created incomplete but close enough rosters of NFL teams based on the players who were raised in their markets, or at least where teams’ fan bases are said to mainly dwell, according to this map. Wow, the Falcons would actually be interesting. Also, with the decorated record that Western Pennsylvania has with NFL starting QBs, it’s very sad to see them saddled with Matt Schaub in this series. Hell, I might take Bruce Gradkowski over that.
– The Seahawks called the assault and property damage accusations made against Marshawn Lynch “bogus”. Is that bogus in the fraudulent sense or the Bill and Ted “bummer, dude” sense?
– USA Today spotted a Browns fan in a orange man body suit hoisting a Honk for Hoyer sign outside Browns training camp. Basically it’s Hoyer Country’s finest ambassador.
– Tony Romo makes his preseason debut against the Ravens on Saturday. In fairness, Baltimore’s starters have had plenty of chances to play Doopy Pantz in recent years. Time to let other teams have the fun.
– Murder suspect tried to use Siri to hide a body. Can’t believe it wasn’t Aaron Hernandez.
– Danny Trevathan out 6-8 weeks with a fractured left knee. Peyton Manning teams are usually in world beating mode at the beginning of the season, so if they’re going to miss a starter for extended time, it come at a worst part of the year.
– Rex Ryan: “Son of Anarchy” fan.
— Kim Coates (@KimFCoates) August 12, 2014
– Chip Kelly is sick of hearing your questions about individual player statistics.
Does Chip think Shady can get 2,000 yards rushing? "I don't care, and he knows that. And I've told him that."
— Geoff Mosher (@GeoffMosherCSN) August 13, 2014
– GRONK WATCH: Gronk not yet cleared for contact drills, likely to miss all of preseason though hope remains that he’ll be ready for Week 1.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.