Here’s Michael Sam’s emotional speech from the ESPYs upon receiving the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. Presenting the award is The Rock, who probably made more gay jokes in the average wrestling show than tackles Sam will have this season.
– Meanwhile, Marshawn Lynch accorded the ESPYs the sartorial respect the event deserves, which is none, so good look, BEEF MOE.
– Someone in the Jaguars front office claims the team is on pace to sell more season tickets than any other team in the NFL. So let that be a lesson to anyone who doubts the selling power of cabana seating and Blake Bortles.
– John Elway said Julius Thomas has tremendous ability but is not getting Jimmy Graham-type money in his new deal, which makes sense given Thomas has only one season of productivity under his belt with numbers still not as good as Graham’s.
– With Joey Porter taking a job as a defensive assistant coach with the Steelers, his former head coach and kissing partner, Bill Cowher, said he never envisioned Peezy as a future coach. You and everyone else, Bill.
– Johnny Manziel has a commercial for a Cleveland-area Nissan dealership. Very disappointed it doesn’t end with “TELL ‘EM THE DRINKING SWAN SENT YA!”
– CBS Sports Chairman Sean McManus told The Hollywood Reporter that he’ll leave it up to announcers to decide whether or not they’ll use the Redskins name on air.
– A preview of the soon-to-open Levi’s Stadium many fancy amenities, including the fact that the stadium will be split into nine sections, each highlighting a different Bay Area theme. Hopefully there’s one honoring Silicon Valley’s proud legacy of hosting Pied Piper.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.