- Breaking news out of South Florida this afternoon: Mike and Maurkice Pouncey are being sued for damages in relation to a fight that happened at their birthday party on South Beach. The claimants say the Pounceys and their security detail hurled homophobic slurs at one of their party, began to fight and repeatedly punched and kicked him while he was in the fetal position before Maurkice punched another female in their group in the face. Broken teeth, contusions and eye damage to the gentleman and two female friends. As a was friend said, “They have veered far off ‘knucklehead’ territory and straight into ‘big dumb assholes’ territory.”
- Late news this afternoon out of the Cleve (man, we’re talking about Cleveland a lot this week): Mary Kay Cabot of the Plain-Dealer is reporting the Browns are “alarmed” by Johnny Manziel’s behavior since the draft, especially the photo in the bathroom showing him with a rolled up bill. So much for that level of denial coming out of coach Mike Pettine just earlier this week. The Browns are starting to feel like they were sold a bill of goods on how he was ready to be a leader, a changed man, before the draft and now they feel as if his skills have regressed due to an offseason of partying. But honestly, Browns leadership told Manziel to train as a backup. They just didn’t say which backup.
See? How can you blame Manziel when you gave this as a role model.
- Speaking of “Free Aaron Hernandez” nonsense, a judge has dismissed his request for dismissal today.
- Tony Romo says we’ll see the best of him in the next 4-5 years. Good news for Cowboy fans in the year 2019 because you know General Manager Jerry Jones is not going to get rid of Romo before the year 2022.
- A look at Deion Sanders’ charter school in Texas which is in danger of being shut down. Interestingly enough, they have a 100% graduation rate.
- Jon Bon Jovi’s consortium of buyers out of Toronto are looking at stadium sites in Toronto for the Buffalo Bills. If the Los Angeles Angeles and the LA Kiss can play in Anaheim, then sure, why not have the Buffalo Bills of Toronto.
- In not news; Stephen A. Smith is stupid. So stupid, and we’ve all known that is he so stupid for so stupidly long, I cannot believe we’re all having to go through the motions of being upset at the stupid things leaving stupid Stephen A. Smith’s stupid mouth like we didn’t already know that ESPN was a bunch of idiots for letting such a stupendously stupid human being on their airwaves.
- Not football news, but over at ComicCon they announced the new GoT cast members. IF YOU POST BOOK FIVE SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS YOU WILL HAVE WISHED YOU FACED THE MOUNTAIN INSTEAD OF ME. DON’T BE A JERK TO OTHER FANS, WE’RE ALL FRIENDS HERE.
- And finally, feel like we should have made a bigger deal out of someone pissing on Art Modell’s grave this week, but at the same time. He’s dead. What the fuck does he care?
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news & humor before everyone else.