Johnny Manziel spent Monday night partying in Beverly Hills with Floyd Mayweather, Tyrese and Justin Bieber at Beebs’ house. Police were reportedly called twice because of noise complaints and also presumably because things just got way too swaggy. The Browns had reportedly asked Manziel to cool it with the partying a few days back, but now I’m sure they’ll just be content if Manziel chooses less celebrities to tear it up with in the future.
– Eagles starting right tackle Lane Johnson faces a four-game suspension for a positive PED test. Sad news for players who use David Rappoccio illustrations for their Twitter avatar.
– Tony Romo, once committed in his quest to qualify for the U.S. Open, said he hasn’t played golf in a year and a half in order to save his back for football. When you’ve got Brandon Weeden breathing down your neck, these are the sacrifices you make.
– A South Carolina state trooper has been suspended for his conduct while arresting Bengals defensive end Sam Montgomery for a speeding infraction last week. Apparently just asking a driver, “NFL?” then throwing the cuffs on them isn’t the most professional manner. Though since Montgomery was going 44 mph over the limit, I doubt the arrest and fine will be overturned.
– NFL banning unorthodox facemasks because they’re what’s to blame for all those injuries, by gum.
– The arbitration ruling for Jimmy Graham is reportedly taking place on July 3, so luckily we’ll be able to do Independence Day grilling without being racked by uncertainty about which position Jimmy Graham really plays.
– Ray Rice and his wife Janay had a wedding reception over the weekend featuring a scary cake with Ravens bursting over it and, even better, a distinct lack of spousal violence.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.