In order to get you through the drudgery of the off-season, we here at KSK are cranking up the nostalgia machine and looking at some of the immortal backup quarterbacks in NFL history. You’ve loved some of these guys, and utterly fucking loathed others, but you definitely remember them. Either way, you might be wondering what they’ve been up to since leaving their clipboard duties, so that’s why we proudly present our new series, Better Know A Backup Quarterback. Today, we look at former Vikings, Steelers, 49ers, Chiefs, Packers, Rams, and Panthers QB Steve Bono.
- Berman nickname: Steve “I Got You Babe” Bono
- Bo Jackson nickname: Bo Knows Bono
- African street rhythm nickname: Bonono No. 1
- Bono nickname: Where The Steves Have No Name
- Cher nickname: Gypsies, Tramps, and Steves
- Sonny Bono nickname: (deceased)
- Career highlight according to 49ers fans: going 5-1 while Montana and Young missed time with injury.
- Career highlight according to Chiefs fans:
- Career highlight according to Steve Young:
- Was: A mildly servicable quarterback who went to one Pro Bowl
- Is: An employee of Constellation Wealth Advisors, an independent firm in Menlo Park, CA
- Could be: Your dinner date for less than 1k
- From: Norristown, Pennsylvania
- Population: 34,324
- Which is the home of: one cancerous jaguar
- Also known as: Justin Blackmon
- Twitter: @SteveBono13
- Tweets: 5
- Twitter highlight:
— Steve Bono (@SteveBono13) March 28, 2013
— 49ers Community (@49ersCommunity) March 22, 2013
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news & humor before everyone else.