LeGarrette Blount has a scary new facemask with the Steelers. Is it as intimidating as Darnell Dockett’s new facemask? Perhaps not, but you should generally be more afraid of people who are likely to actually punch you than the guy with the scariest facemask.
– Falcons linebacker Sean Weatherspoon is done for the 2014 season because of a ruptured Achilles suffered at practice on Tuesday. Now Atlanta fans can feel the pain of Dallas fans. I said can. No one really wants to show empathy for Cowboys fans.
– A second man has been convicted in the killing of Sean Taylor. 26-year-old Jason S. Mitchell was found guilty of first-degree felony murder and armed burglary. He was considered the ringleader behind the botched burglary. That means only two left awaiting trial for a crime that occurred nearly seven years ago!
– The Browns are irritated that they’ve yet to receive official word on how long Josh Gordon will be suspended for his latest failed drug test. Starting to wonder whether Goodell is stringing out some disciplinary actions on players just so the lag with Jim Irsay’s punishment doesn’t seem so bad.
– Be sure to check out Greg Howard’s ethering of Jason Whitlock over at Deadspin. You not only get a thorough retelling of Whitlock’s hack highlight reel, but also details of how Whitlock was given a golden opportunity at ESPN a year ago and has yet to show anything for it.
– Andy Dalton said he’s open to getting a team-friendly long-term contract similar to the one Colin Kaepernick signed last week. You know, in case he goes into free agency next year still without having won a playoff game.
– Jenny Dell has joined the NFL on CBS as a sideline reporter. Bros will have you know that she’s a total smokeshow dimepiece, brah.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.