An op-ed in The Washington Times suggests renaming the Redskins as the Reagans, because every conservative in and around D.C. wants to rename everything for the 40th president. Mostly, though, it’s unfortunate that the Times doesn’t have the courage of conviction to rename the team after the newspaper’s former owner and self-proclaimed messiah, Sun Myung Moon. The Washington Moonies has a nice ring, plus you could use the Mooninites from Aqua Teen Hunger Force as the logo.
– The Chargers signed former Chiefs cornerback Brandon Flowers, who’s coming off a letdown year following a four-year stretch of being one of the best cover corners in the league.
– Emmitt Smith said Johnny Manziel is living a “short-career lifestyle” unlike the ’90s Cowboys, who ever sustained through long careers by stabbing teammates in the neck with scissors.
– The Harlem Globetrotters drafted Johnny Manziel, who is now a three-sport athlete. Sadly, there’s no cheap shot in the press release about how Manziel plays for the Generals of football.
– Former referee Mike Carey is joining the CBS broadcast team, presumably in the Mike Pereira role of former officiating figure asked to weigh in on controversial calls.
– Real Sports did a segment on the various lawsuits being filed by NFL cheerleaders for lack of adequate pay. It’s basically a recap of the various stories reported elsewhere and covered here, but it’s still nice for the figures involved to get a chance to speak for themselves on TV.
– Meanwhile, the Redskins felt this was a good week to share a history of the outfits that their cheerleading squad has worn over the last 52 years. As you go backward, there’s more and more clothes and then suddenly a squaw.
– Aaron Rodgers and Olivia Munn went to the premiere of “Deliver Us From Evil” in New York dressed all fancy-like, which is a thing celebrity couples do. Cheers to this celebrity gossip blog for getting the correct spelling of Rodgers’ last name, but somehow calling him “Arron” twice.
– Michael Sam touring the Hall of Fame as part of the rookie symposium. He’s a distraction for those busts!
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.