Peyton Manning appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman on Monday night. Just two old guys on the verge of retirement yakking it up. Predictably, the subject of the Omaha line calls came up. Peyton expressed frustration at parabolic microphones picking up his playcalls, so he joked that he should say bad words about Roger Goodell to make the mics go away. That sounds unlikely, though far less unlikely than Peyton ever badmouthing one of his endorsements.
Oh, and he also threw footballs at taxis.
– Michael Vick already picked 8 as his new jersey number with the Jets, but now he’s “bought” the no. 1 from punter Ryan Quigley for $10,000, which is reportedly going to be used for boring good causes. But who will honor Steve Young now!?
– Russell Wilson went bowling with Justin Bieber over the weekend. Finally, living the exciting bachelor life he’d been held back from in his marriage.
– If you’ve got some time, check out Dave McKenna’s piece “The Frat Boys Who Moved The Colts Out of Baltimore” over at Deadspin. At last, compelling mover journalism! Also, it’s the rare McKenna football piece that isn’t about messing with Dan Snyder.
– Arian Foster is the latest player to welch on a bet with one of us normal people. This one relates to him losing to the third-ranked player in the world at some phone game I’ve never heard of.
– The Eagles signed U.S. Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva to a contract to play defensive end. The stressors of three tours of duty in Afghanistan should be enough to prepare him for playing for Philadelphia fans.
– The Giants this year will allow a camera inside their draft war room for the first time ever. Which means we’ll get to watch live as Tom Coughlin presses scouts on what prospects think about lady motorists before drafting them.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.