There’s a striking new mural in northeast Washington D.C. demanding a change of the Redskins’ name. Joke’s on them. Dan Snyder would never drive through Northeast.
– The NFLPA came out in support of college football players unionizing. Not altogether surprising, but any screw you to the NCAA is welcome. It also introduces a new segment of sports fandom to PFTCommenter-style trash talk about De Smith.
– Speaking of the Redskins, their new/returning safety, Ryan Clark, wants to continue his tradition of wearing the jersey no. 21 in practice, which he begun with the Steelers after his friend Sean Taylor was killed. But it’s a bit of a sensitive subject in Washington, so he asked Taylor’s widow first, which is probably for the best.
– The NFL will release the preseason schedule today at 3:15 p.m. ET. That’s nice. I like to be able to plot out how I’m going to be bored in August well in advance.
– More Bills schedule scoops! It’s been reported that the Packers will play the Bills in Buffalo on Monday night this season. It would be the first time Buffalo has hosted a Monday night game since 2008, when they lost to Cleveland, which was just as sad as it sounds.
– Meanwhile, a Bills spokesman said that the team doesn’t actually know yet whether it will play on Thanksgiving.
– Gronk raised $20,000 for the families of the two firefighters who died battling the nine-alarm blaze on March 26.
– JaMarcus Russell: recently spotted at an Outback Steakhouse, which is one of the more appropriate venues for a JaMarcus sighting.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.