Kevin Costner said shit on Sportscenter in an appearance to promote Draft Day. Heavens! My frickin’ ears! I think it’s effective promotion as the only way I would be interested in seeing it is if they changed all of his dialogue to an unbroken stream of profanity.
Meanwhile, PFT Commenter has his review of the movie over at SB Nation.
– Chris Johnson is reportedly refusing to workout for teams that wish to sign him. Even though he has six seasons of experience for teams to see without subjecting him to combine-like drills, this sounds like the kind of thing for which terrible sportswriters would judge him harshly. Yet even Florio is having a hard time castigating him for it. This truly is a frightening new world.
– The Saints are not intent on moving Champ Bailey to safety. Rather, the 36-year-old will remain at cornerback, according to Mickey Loomis. Perhaps questionable, though the signing of Jairus Byrd certainly gives them a little flexibility even if recent history suggests it might be best to move Champ to a position that lessens the hit from his declining skills.
– The Lions appear to be willing to trade up to draft Sammy Watkins. Because it’s the Lions, there will be many Matt Millen-era jokes for taking a wideout high, but then again, Sammy Watkins is ridiculously good.
– The Pro Bowl remains a thing that exists and will be played at the Super Bowl site in Arizona next year. This is about as interesting as the preseason schedule announcement yesterday.
– Alex Mack agreed to terms on a five-year offer sheet with the Jaguars. Once he signs it, the Browns have five days to match the offer or else lose the two-time Pro Bowl center. Cleveland is expected to match the offer. Must be nice to have to awful teams fighting so hard for your services.
– There’s a Change.org petition to aims to block Michael Vick from being allowed to practice on the SUNY Cortland campus, which the Jets regularly use. At the moment, it’s a few hundred signatures from its 15,000 threshold of being non-binding in a really meaningful way.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.