Darnell Dockett said on Instagram that he got a second alligator to go with his tiger cub acquisition from last summer. Presumably Dockett just wants to improve the odds that he’ll be the first professional athlete killed by one his pets.
– Champ Bailey has been released by the Broncos, saving the team about $10 million in cap space. The circle will be complete if Dan Snyder, having traded him away Champ for a running back a decade ago, now opts to overpay him. I’m seeing $30 guaranteed and a five-year deal. DO IT, SNYDER!
– In addition to showing the Kansas basketball team his everyday Jim Harbaugh uniform, Harbs hit a half-court shot in practice with the Jayhawks. The only lesson left: teaching them how to get to the Final Four and lose back-to-back years.
– The Texans have expressed interest in signing Matt Cassel and there are those who are interpreting that as Houston not being inclined to take a quarterback with the top pick in the draft because everything about this time of the year is dumb.
– Did you ever notice that the Eagles have the only NFL animal logo that faces left? If not, you need more lessons on the Illuminati.
– Colin Kaepernick’s mom is busy calling out writers of hot sports takes about her son on social media. How soon can we expect the Momma Kaep – PFTCommenter feud?
– Adrian Peterson is apparently lobbying for the Vikings to sign Michael Vick. AP tweeted yesterday that Vick makes them a playoff team. Given that they got to the playoffs with Christian Ponder two seasons back, probably not as complimentary as it would seem.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.