It brings me little joy to see patron saint Joe Namath in a baseball context, especially him participating in Derek Jeter’s already exhausting farewell tour, but whatever – worth it just to see Namath in his hiked up baseball pants. Florida, be damned, he should have still strolled out to the mound in his fur coat from the Super Bowl.
– The Cowboys restructured Tony Romo’s contract to free up $10 million in cap space for this year. Dallas remains less than $1 million over the cap. The move, however, puts Romo’s 2015 cap figure at $27.7 million, so expect this to happen again new year.
– There’s a proposal to move extra point attempts back 23 yards, which is an intriguing idea, though unlikely to be implemented for this coming season. Until it is, kicking will have to remain TOO EASY.
– The Broncos are reportedly working out Lofa Tatupu. As the old saying goes, if you can’t beat ‘em, sign their best players from the years before they went on a title run.
– Jim Harbaugh says there’s “zero chance or possibility” of him leaving the 49ers before his contract expires at the end of the 2015 season. Which means two more years of thinly sourced reports of power struggles with Trent Baalke. Fun!
– Bill Belichick photographed lifting weights with his girlfriend. The way the pictures are juxtaposed, it looks like he’s staring at her crotch, which would only be more appropriate for Grumblelord if it were a married woman.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.