Blake Bortles said he was asked “awkward” questions about his girlfriend at the combine, possibly because that’s the kind of invasive thing NFL front office people always do. But Bortles’ girlfriend is HAWT and has frequently been featured on websites highlighting said hawtness, so writers took the opportunity to post more photos of her looking hawt. Hawt hawt hawt. (Though I do appreciate how Dan Patrick is trying to be subtle in telling Bortles that his girlfriend is sexy. Cheers, old creepy bro, Dan Patrick.)
– Riley Cooper got a five-year, $25 million contract from the Eagles. People who like to believe in dumb redemption narratives were like “good for him” for not being racist for a while. Meanwhile, the Eagles also signed center Jason Kelce to a six-year, $37.5 million extension with $13 million guaranteed, but it’s harder to drum up hot takes about him until he says something racist in public.
Riley Cooper averaged 1.59 yards per route run last year. 47 (out of 94) other WRs (inc. fellow FA Hakeem Nicks) had more
— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) February 27, 2014
– Russell Wilson will be in uniform for the Rangers for their spring training game against the Indians. Expect a breathless 13,000-word report from Peter King on this momentous event.
– I was not aware of this. Why football be lettin’ basketball steal its terms like that?
– The NFL had reportedly begun exploring the process of relocating Super Bowl XLIX from Arizona if SB 1062, the state law allowing businesses to refuse service to gay people on religious grounds had passed. It didn’t, so the Super Bowl ain’t going anywhere, though the NFL will likely cite the pressure it put on Arizona to defeat the law as evidence that the league isn’t intolerant if Michael Sam doesn’t get drafted or signed.
– The Hall of Fame Game this year will be the Giants against the Bills. Now just don’t try to think about how far away it is.
– Aaron Hernandez will spend 30 days in special isolation after beating up a handcuffed fellow inmate. We were already led to believe that Hernandez is in isolation at the prison, but apparently special isolation means not being left alone with another handcuffed inmate. Anyway, good work, Bristol County jail.
– There appears to be growing support for expanding the NFL playoffs by two teams. Reportedly the soonest the change could take effect is the 2015 season, so at least we can enjoy at least one more postseason before the leagues tries to mess with a good thing.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.