The folks at Alternative Hero are selling this Conference Participant shirt for $18 ($24 for super premium!) that is a must for the Lions fans in your life. The same idea could be applicable to many other downtrodden fan bases, but it works especially well for Detroit. [via]
– Gourmet popcorn for Marshawn Lynch! BEAST CORN! It basically looks like your standard-issue fancy popcorn with neon green and blue food coloring. Skittles are so easy to toss in there. It’s like they’re not even trying.
– Another terrible Seahawks fan song for your delectation/suffering.
– Inspired by Richard Sherman’s postgame rant, Football Nation compared 25 current players to pro wrestling icons. I still maintain that J.J. Watt is Football John Cena but the rest holds up.
– Opera singer Renee Fleming has National Anthem duty at Super Bowl XLVIII, just in case you were hoping we’d get a concise version of the Anthem this year. Bet the over on prop bets.
– The Broncos are wearing their orange jerseys at the Super Bowl for the first time since the era when they used to lose a lot of Super Bowls.
– The folks at Dannon are teasing a “Full House” themed commercial for the Super Bowl. If done right, that means Jodie Sweetin smoking meth while the rest of the cast awkwardly slurps yogurt.
– Here’s a firsthand look at what it was like to parachute into the AFC Championship Game. Really don’t understand how this wasn’t a mission in Pilotwings games.
– The Seahawks got the go-ahead score in the NFC Championship because Steve Hauschka convinced Pete Carroll to go for it on 4th down instead of attempt a 53-yard field goal. I presume triple dog dare and cocaine was part of his argument.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.