Chip Kelly has named Nick Foles the Eagles starting quarterback for the remainder of the 2013 season, adding that the quarterback doesn’t need to worry if he has a setback game along the way. Winning three straight and throwing 16 TDs with no interceptions on the season will do that for you. But just to test of strength of Kelly’s conviction, Foles is gonna throw five picks in the first half against the Cardinals on Sunday.
– Joe Flacco expressed his distaste for the Ravens running Wildcat plays, saying it makes them look like they’re running a high school offense. Could be worse. He could get Cam Cameron back.
– The Browns today signed Alex Tanney, a former D-III quarterback best known for a trick-shot video. Sure, Browns, why not? Though the news only makes me sad that Kickalicious didn’t hang on with the Lions for this season.
– The Redskins are now 2-12 in Monday Night Football games played at FedEx Field, by far the worst record of any team playing at home in that timeslot. I think it’s intentional so absolutely no one misses FedEx when the team inevitably relocates back into the city.
– Eddie Lacy has a form of asthma that is exacerbated by cold weather. Tough to discover that two-thirds of the way through your rookie season with Green Bay.
– On Thanksgiving, the Cowboys will be wearing their standard blue road jerseys at home for the first time in more than 40 years. Good thing I point this out now because by the time the second Thanksgiving game comes on, I’ll be too drunk to notice.
– Steve Weatherford comes the latest punter forced to undergo a seemingly random drug test after having a better than usual outing.
This is how I'm greeted when I get 2 work today. Two 65+ punts and now U wanna test me? Random? Hmm… pic.twitter.com/EmN1yANEZB
— Steve Weatherford (@Weatherford5) November 25, 2013
– Meanwhile, though Aaron Rodgers is back at Packers practice, the likelihood of him playing on Thanksgiving against the Lions is remote. Finally, Matt Flynn on a national stage. Just what the nation has longed for.
– And Cam Newton hosted a charity Thanksgiving meal for 700 underprivileged kids and their family members. EVERYONE ELSE-FIRST ALTRUISM BOY!
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.