According to Jay Glazer, the Colts linebacker received a one-game suspension for his headbutt on a helmet-less Delanie Walker during last Thursday’s game in Tennessee. Lucky for him it wasn’t a quarterback or the suspension would be four games. Eight for a second-tier star. Had it been an ELITE quarterback, he’d have been summarily executed by firing squad before the game even concluded.
– Tom Zbikowski has retired from the NFL to become a Chicago firefighter. Feel safe to assume this makes him the PFT Commenter lunchpailer of the week.
– Former Titans linebacker Frank Chamberlin died on Sunday from brain cancer, which is a brain issue not yet linked to football, but give it time.
– Here’s a video on how the Lombardi Trophy is made. Apparently replica small trophies are made for each player on the Super Bowl champs, which I did not know.
– Next Sunday, the Patriots will be home underdogs for the first time since 2005 when the Broncos travel to Gillette Stadium for Manning-Brady XIV: This Time It Has Roman Numerals.
– Today in Womp Womp: this Chiefs fan spotted outside Mile High Stadium last night.
– Meanwhile, one of the 21 Papa Johns franchises owned by Peyton Manning was robbed during the Sunday night game. This demands Pey-Pey vigilante justice! [Peyton watches 31 hours of security footage before calling the police]
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.