In his fifth season playing for the Chicago Bears he seems to finally have everything he wants. Game planning that doesn’t involve getting sacked every 3 plays, he has competent receivers not named Devin Hester (but hey, kick returns are back!), and the offensive line doesn’t require two tight ends to help.
So how did Cutler celebrate his 100th career NFL start? He met Chris Baker’s knee and injured his groin, HARD. He’ll be out at least four weeks just in time to hand over a few wins to division rivals Detroit and Green Bay after their bye week. Josh McCown takes the spot of eventually erasing or replacing memories of the Caleb Hanie era in Chicago.
Seeing it’s a contract season for Jay, it easy being Grumpy Catler these days.
Other notable injuries from this weekend:
- Colts: Reggie Wayne out for season with torn ACL
- Rams: Sam Bradford out for season with torn ACL
- Bucs: Doug Martin out for season with torn
- Packers: Jermichael Finley in ICU for neck injury
- Texans: Brian Cushing out for season with torn LCL, broken fibula
- Bears: Lance Briggs out 4-6 weeks with shoulder injury
- Titans: Bud Adams out indefinitely
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.