- New York Jets running back Mike Goodson was arrested early this morning when police discovered him and another man intoxicated in a parked SUV in Denville, New Jersey. CBSSports.com’s Will Brinson reports Goodson was found to be in possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, an unlawful handgun, a loaded gun and hollow-point rounds. Bail was set for Goodson at $50,000. Not going to lie, the New Jersey State Police page on the law and hollow point bullets makes for some interesting reading.
- Who knew what Ed Reed’s hip health was like and when is this summer’s least interesting box office thriller. Either way, the DB might need hip surgery which would cause him to miss part of training camp.
- Gronk’s going to have a fourth surgery on his left forearm to take care of a staph infection that’s flared up around the plate put into his broken arm. Supposedly he’s been on antibiotics since his last surgery, but you know what the scientists say, correlation doesn’t mean causation. Could be penicillin for too much Gronking. Update: Looks like Gronkowski might need back surgery in addition to the work on his arm. This is definitely too much Gronking.
- Donte’ Stallworth has been cleared to return to action after his bizarre hot-air balloon accident in March. The free agent has yet to find a new club for the 2013 season. Let’s all pitch-in and get him a nice bouquet once he has a new home to hang his helmet.
- The Washington Post surveyed more 500 former football players about their aches and pains post-NFL career. Nine out of ten said they were happy they played, but when you look at the number of injuries they sustained that caused them to hurt now — nine out of ten suffered from at least one concussion during their career, more than half reported having three or more major injuries — it’s hard to believe. Worth the read.
- TBS is developing a reality show about Cheeseheads, giving us all the reasons in the world not to develop Smell-O-Vision. Auditions were held back in December for producer Jason Carbone whose previous work includes “The Bachelorette”, “The Bachelor” and “Runs House” in a long career that goes all the way back to MTV’s “Road Rules”.
- Has the NFL created an obsession with instant replay in other sports? Is it ruining the NBA? Denver sports radio pearl-clutching with Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard ahoy!
- Are you a fan of the Washington football team but are embarrassed by their racist name and logo? (And perhaps even more embarrassed by an owner who refuses to budge on the issue?) The gentleman over at Mister Irrelevant have a t-shirt for you.
Have a good weekend, kids. Burnsy will be along shortly with Sexy Friday.
UPDATE: Just as we all thought we could slip quietly into the weekend, Seattle Seahawks defensive end Bruce Irvin had to go and get himself suspended for four games for violating the league’s banned substances policy for Adderall use.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.