– Saints head coach Sean Payton is the highest paid coach in US sports, earning an estimated $8 million in 2013 according to Forbes, a publication that would quickly cease to exist if we ever stopped caring about lists of wealthy people. This news isn’t terrible interesting, but it gives us an excuse to post this old picture of Payton playing the bongos. (How big is his head, by the way? His poor adjustable hat is holding on for dear life.) Good news for the sweatshirt and sweatpants industries; Bill Belichick and Andy Reid are tied in second place earning approximately $7.5 million this year.
– How did the year off football treat Payton? Supposedly he has reported back looking pretty ripped. Unsurprising, he seems like a guy who would go on a complete protein shake diet/do a few hundred pushups while on a conference call/lots of mirrors all around his bachelor pad type of bro.
– Michael Crabtree promises he’ll be back with a Photoshopped image of him as the Terminator. Photoshop selfies from an NFL player? Don’t make us come and give you the same lecture we gave Ray Rice earlier this week.
- How do we know it’s May in the NFL? ESPN shows ten minutes of Robert Griffin III stretching at Washington’s OTAs and then the Washington Post’s Sports Bog has a bunch of words on ESPN’s coverage of RG III (and then we wrote about it).
– How else do we know it’s May in the NFL? The Jets are already eating their own.
– Reggie Bush says it’s all business with the Lions and that he came to Detroit for work and not a vacation, two things no one has travelled to Detroit for in a very long time.
– Some guy in Buffalo supposedly has a tattoo of O.J. Simpson’s mug shot on his leg. Going to refuse to believe this is a real thing and bury it down here in the bottom of this news roundup.
– The Chicago Bears are going to retire Mike Ditka’s jersey number 89 during their Monday Night Football matchup with the Dallas Cowboys in December. Start buying up whisky now to handle that particular KSK MNF Live Brog, you’re going to need it.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.