During the days leading up to the draft, tons of misinformation is leaked to NFL reporters and pundits purely to dupe other teams. Some reporters are too dense to get that they are being gamed, while other are accepting of the craft of the smoke screen.
Why reporting on draft is dizzying: By reporting news, the reaction to that news can spark decisions that cause original news to be wrong.
— Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) April 25, 2013
This year is no different. To date, here are the reports teams have leaked in the hopes of spurring the competition into action they otherwise wouldn’t take.
– The Bills are totally taking Matt Barkley and not Ryan Nassib, who they are super in love with, so if you have any interest in Barkley you should just trade them your whole slate of picks right now.
– All the teams in the top 10 are definitely trading down, regardless of whether they find a trade partner. It’s entirely possible the first 10 picks will be vacated, with the players selected forced to spend their career in NFL limbo until their rookie contracts expire.
– Rex Ryan will take Manti Te’o because f*ck it who cares he’s gonna get fired anyway.
– Jeff Ireland is aiming buck convention to take Tyrann Mathieu’s weed connect at 12.
– The Lions think Leon Sandcastle is an actual prospect but dislike his propensity to appear in so many ads. Despite having a need at corner, Detroit is likely to pass on him for character issues.
– Washington is considering drafting at 15 even though they don’t have a pick in the first round. Just want to see if they commish is sharp enough to catch them.
– The Cowboys are looking to trade up because HOOOOOO WEEEEE THIS DRAFT IS BORING. YOU EXPECT THE OL’ DOUBLE J IS SIT STILL WHILE A BUNCH OF TACKLES ARE BEING TAKEN.
– The Browns leaked to the FBI their intent to take Geno Smith at 6, because you have to give the Feds some info or else they’ll keep sniffing around your business.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.