– Bernard Pollard, one of the league’s cleanest players, is still very upset with Tom Brady’s cleats-up slide into fellow league angel Ed Reed on Sunday.
– Super Bowl game balls are leaving the Wilson factory in Ada, Ohio for Super Bowl XLVII, ready to be filled with a mix of genuine New Orleans air and hand grenades.
– Speaking of New Orleans and the Super Bowl (like there is much less to talk about here the next couple of weeks), local-residents hating-on-Roger-Goodell is now an official New York Times Trend Piece™. “I hope he’s bringing some food tasters with him down here or his own sandwiches.”
– Andrew Luck, Owen Daniels, C.J.Spiller, Kyle Williams, Zane Beadles, Demaryius Thomas, Richie Incognito are in for the AFC Pro Bowl roster; Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Logan Mankins, Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork, Ray Rice, Haloto Ngata and Marsal Yanda are out. Russel Wilson, Thomas DeCoud and William Moore have been added to the NFC Pro Bowl team replacing Matt Ryan, Dashon Goldson and Donte Whitner. Wilson will back up Eli Manning who is already in for an injured Aaron Rodgers.
– As if New England Patriots safety Derrick Martin didn’t have a bad enough weekend, his home in Aurora, Colorado was robbed during the game on Sunday.
– Like most wives, Anna Burns Welker had some not-so-nice things to say about her husband Wes Welker’s coworkers when she blasted fellow NFLer Ray Lewis on her personal Facebook page immediately after the Patriots loss. Ms. Welker later apologized in a statement to Larry Brown Sports saying;
“I’m deeply sorry for my recent post on Facebook. I let the competitiveness of the game and the comments people were making about a team I dearly love get the best of me. My actions were emotional and irrational and I sincerely apologize to Ray Lewis and anyone affected by my comment after yesterday’s game. It is such an accomplishment for any team to make it to the NFL playoffs, and the momentary frustration I felt should not overshadow the accomplishments of both of these amazing teams.”
– Detroit Lion Ndamukong Suh will be on be on Celebrity Diving With The Stars. Yeah, we can’t believe that’s a real show either. Remember when this sort of nonsense was relegated to Saturdays afternoons after cartoons?
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.