A submission from reader Alex in Afghanistan:
Long time reader, first time emailer. Love your blog. I know you guys are a bunch of screw balls who love three things: boobies, football (if referenced to boobies, all the more better) and the Troops. Well, I have all three for you.
The Miami Dolphins cheerleaders (well, 4 of them) visited my FOB in Afghanistan yesterday. As a born and raised New Yorker and a die-hard Jets fan, I couldn’t let the opportunity to troll these girls pass. I figured if I have to be stuck on staff after almost 2 years as a Platoon Leader, might as well abuse the perks of living on a semi-big base. Here’s a picture of me in my Jets hat, in Afghanistan, with four very lovely ladies. I would like to dedicate this to my Infantry brothers on far away outposts, far away from any USO tours and visits. I happened to be at the right place, at the right time, with the right Jets hat in my cargo pocket.
Keep writing, gentlemen. As I sit wasting away at my desk job, I take solace in the fact the government hasn’t banned your website yet.
P.S. With this crappy Afghan internet, it took me about 2 hours to upload that picture. THAT’S GREAT HUSTLE!
– RGIII called the plays on the Redskins winning drive in Tampa. This was dictated by necessity since his headset went out at the end of the game. Santana Moss chalks that up to devious machinations on the part of the Buccaneers. Given that Schiano is a Belichick disciple, I’ll buy it.
– Barring a last-minute setback, Matt Forte is expected to play tonight against Dallas. Sorry, Michael Bush owners.
– A ball boy in Buffalo sold out to catch a kickoff through the end zone, to hilarious and painful effect. Be advised that the video includes obnoxious Masshole narration.
– Jets owner and Republican donor Woody Johnson said he would take a Mitt Romney election victory over a winning season for the Jets. Failing both of those, he’ll settle for still being a really rich guy.
– Cam Newton was reportedly so distraught after the Panthers’ loss to the Falcons that he held up the team bus because he was still having a sad in the locker room. Sucks, since the team was in a hurry to drive over Haruki Nakamura on the way out.
– Remember those “Are the Patriots phasing out Wes Welker?” discussions from the first two weeks of the season? Yeah, you probably do, because they were memorably stupid.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.