Packers guard T.J. Lang, he of the profane Twitter rant following the Monday night debacle, told a radio station in Detroit that, on the flight home from Seattle, his teammates discussed going on strike or doing nothing but taking knees in future games until the scab refs are gone. Because nothing shows the league how pissed you are about getting screwed out of a win like costing yourself additional games.
Anyway, the suggestions didn’t end there. Herewith, a list of demonstrations that players from various teams have floated as a means of payback for the scab refs:
– Not a single one claims to be aware of breast cancer in October. Players wear orange, the universal color of breast cancer unawareness, throughout the month.
– Propose to cut their faces so fans know how ugly scabs really are. Movement falls apart when Tom Brady refuses to mar his face.
– Create a parody account of Roger Goodell on Twitter called @RogerGooderp
@RogerGooderp HAWW HAWWW I PUT OUT A BOUNTY ON FOOTBALL ‘CAUSE I’M THE WORST EVER AND MY BUTT SMELLS #Derp
– All players get DUIs
– Defy the NFL to fine them by wearing a hat of their city’s baseball team in all press conferences and profile photos
– Promote childhood obesity by saying NFL Play 60 is gay and kids should only be having fried chicken and Madden parties.
– Greg Schiano has his players dive at opponents knees on every down, y’know, for solidarity.
– Players only speak to reporters using typical football platitudes. But now it’s because of defiance!
– Bench themselves in fantasy football, not realizing that only affects their own fantasy team.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.