Former Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer went on the “Movin’ the Chains” show on SiriusXM NFL Radio this morning and announced to the world that he thinks Tony Romo is a better quarterback than Eli Manning. This is, to be perfectly clear, hilarious.
“Tony Romo is probably, if you look at him statistically, the best quarterback in the NFC East,” Toomer said Thursday on the Movin’ the Chains show on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “I mean, you look at Eli Manning and what he does in the fourth quarter, but you talk about consistency, talk about 31 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions. That guy can play.”
“For me, if I wanted a guy that is going to throw less interceptions, more productive, higher completion percentage, I’m going to go with Tony Romo,” Toomer said. “At crunch time, he’s not as good as Eli, but every other time, he’s pretty darn good.” [USA Today]
Now, I suppose if you want to be totally fair here you could go look up both quarterbacks’ stats and analyze them side-by-side to see if maybe Toomer has a point somewhere in there. Luckily, I have no interest in being fair to Amani Toomer or Tony Romo because I am an Eagles fan and I hate them both (I don’t particularly like Eli Manning either, but I’ll at least give him credit for winning two Super Bowls), so here is a list of other things Amani Toomer thinks instead:
– Bud Light tastes better than Yuengling
– Getting kicked in the shins is better than not getting kicked in the shins
– Blackberrys work better than iPhones
– Facebook provides more useful and thought-provoking information than Twitter
– A broomstick with a pillow for a head and two volleyballs tied to it is more attractive than Kate Upton
– The oven in his kitchen is capable of producing more heat than the sun
– Snooki is just as smart as Stephen Hawking
– Burnsy and I are significantly better than all the original founders of KSK put together
– And so on and so forth
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news and humor before everyone else.