Since signing with the Miami Dolphins, veteran wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has stirred up whispers and vague reports that heâ€™s a new man. Heâ€™s rejuvenated, they say, as he is suiting up for the team he claims that he has always wanted to play for. Some reporters at Dolphins camp have even said that he looks good enough to cement his status as one of the Dolphins top 3 receivers to start the season. Then again, the qualifications for that are to have a pulse and at least one working hand.
So despite coming off his worst season as a professional, and despite joining a team that is in yet another coaching (and most likely a quarterback) transition, Ochocinco and his Twitter account are feeling pretty optimistic about a return to old form in 2012â€¦
Dad, of course, is Ochoâ€™s endearing nickname for NFL Commish Roger Goodell. And in case you need a refresher, here are some of the things that Dad has fined Ocho for in the pastâ€¦
- $30,000 for wearing a sombrero and serape after scoring a touchdown.
- $25,000 for possessing an electronic device and Tweeting during a game.
- $20,000 for wearing unauthorized gold cleats.
- $20,000 for pretending to bribe a referee with dollar bills after a touchdown.
- $5,000 for a chin strap that was the wrong color.
- $5,000 for wearing the name Ocho Cinco on his jersey before he changed his name.
Iâ€™m sure Iâ€™m forgetting some, but as Uproxxâ€™s resident Miami Dolphins
masochist fan, Iâ€™d love to see the guy fined like crazy for touchdowns. In fact, I have a suggestion for his first touchdown celebration to silence his criticsâ€¦
He can do it. He’s limber.
I want more like this!
Follow Kissing Suzy Kolber on Facebook and get the latest NFL news & humor before everyone else.